Sunday, March 14, 2010

Articles About Emil Viklický

Here at Prague Jazz we do say a lot of good things about Emil. Just in case some of our readers out there would like a second opinion here are a couple of articles (in English) about our favourite pianist:

First of all, here is a summary of his career from All About Jazz: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/musician.php?id=15576

Respected US writer Victor Verney has recently penned a piece about Emil's latest activities. You can read it on Victor's own website here: http://verney.us/?page_id=689

Happy reading!

2 comments:

Victor Verney said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Tony -- I appreciate it. Incidentally, Emil has a lot of good things to say about you, as well.

Tony Emmerson said...

That's nice to know. Emil has been very supportive of what I am trying to do with this site.

I just got my copy of Live in Vienna: I haven't had time to listen yet but your liner notes were an interesting read.

If you post anything else related to Czech jazz please let me know and I will add a link.